Thursday, April 17, 2008

Week 8... Not too long to go!

Wow, I can't believe that it's nearly the end of week eight... It's kind of scary since there are only 13 weeks in the semester.

I've finally got some results back for some of my assessment. I got an 18.5 out of 25 for the seminar I did back at the beginning of the semester... Not a bad result, but I would like to do better, but I did use it as an opportunity to get feedback on what I can do to improve for next time.

The last couple of weeks have been pretty hard for me and my anxiety has been making it hard. I've still been managing to get my assessments handed in, although I don't feel like they were up to the standard I should be doing. However, I have been finding it hard to focus and have had a day or two where I missed lectures due to feeling like I was on the verge of having an anxiety or panic attack.

I have used the last couple of weeks to try and motivate myself to be more organised and get more work done early. I have also realised that I need more balance in my life. Last night I caught up with some friends and saw a movie and was more relaxed than I have been in weeks.

I still love the course (if not all of the lecturers) and am happier than I have been in such a long time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi my name is Brodie, I am Founder of a magazine called 'The Bean' www.thebeanmelbourne.org I was wondering if you would be intrestedin writing a personal piece on nursing and being a vegan in our next edition. Which is due out in winter, and bring in some of the healthy values you are learning. The Bean motto is 'to create a more conceintious and sustainable life' and is based on animal welfare, trade justice, veganism, etc... and i think you would be a great addition to what we are about! email me back if you are intrested at admin@thebeanmelbourne.org
Regards,
Brodie H